Fotos aus dem Kreis Filehne.

Nach US-Amerika, Kanada sowie Südamerika ausgewanderte Personen und SOMMERFELD(T)-Familien.

Moderator:-sd-

Antworten
-sd-
Site Admin

Beitrag von -sd- » 05.04.2007, 11:35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Kaatz [Mailto: lkaatz(at)sprintmail.com] wrote:

My husband's family (many of them anyway) were from the towns surrounding Eichberg, Kreis Filehne -
Hansfelde, Selchow, Selchowhammer, Gross Drensen, etc.
Eichberg was the home church of the
Reverend Kempf who did most of the preaching in the area during the early to mid 1800's - I've seen
his name many times in the LDS film records from the area, I've got baptism certificates with his signature
and stamp, and a signed note from Reverend Kempf noting that my husband's great grandfather, his wife
and their son were leaving the area and emigrating to America in 1857. We visited these towns,
including Eichberg, in summer 2004 and I have pictures of the towns and the churches ... including the
inside of the Eichberg Church. I'm happy to share them with you if you want. One thing to note, when
some of these families came to the US, they indicated they were from the Czarnikau or sometimes
Bromberg District
- even though they also said they were from Selchow in Kreis Filehne (I realize not
quite "accurate" but it may have come from the fact that this Kreis originally came from Kreis Czarnikau).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zuletzt geändert von -sd- am 01.11.2010, 00:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

-sd-
Site Admin

Beitrag von -sd- » 05.04.2007, 11:47

A new type of article has been posted to our wiki, one that I hope will be followed by many more.
http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki/index.php ... oland_2004
This is a photographic travelogue of Laura Kaatz's visit in 2004 to some villages in the area
of the former Kreis Filehne.

If anyone else would like to contiribute their own travelogue, just e-mail me the photos and comments.

James Birkholz
admin, Posen-L mailing list and website
http://www.Posen-L.com

POSEN-L@rootsweb.com

-sd-
Site Admin

Beitrag von -sd- » 01.11.2010, 00:49

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Kaatz
Mailto: lkaatz(at)sprintmail.com

14085 Copper Creek Drive
Olathe, KS 66062
1-913-829-0884

My husband's GG Grandfather was Christian Friedrich SOMMERFELDT
from Kreis Arnswalde, Brandenburg. I think he was born about 1812,
perhaps in the town Kranzin. He married Ernestine SASSE in about 1838
and had these children:

Julius E. SOMMERFELDT * 13 Dec 1838
Auguste Emilie Louise SOMMERFELDT * 1 Aug 1844
Louise SOMMERFELDT * about 1856
August Ferdinand Friedrich SOMMERFELDT * 17 Aug 1858
Johann Gottlieb SOMMERFELDT * Jan 1861

They emigrated to the USA (Wisconsin) in Dec 1872.

I have not been able to find any records for Kranzin, and am hopeful you may
see a connection to the Sommerfeldt's in your family. Please let me know if
you have any clues.

Danke !

Laura Kaatz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danke, Dieter !

I have registered on the Forum and have seen the postings you have added.
I am hopeful to make connections to others.

I have offered to look up information on Sommerfeld(t)s in the USA -
I have a full subscription to Ancestry.com and view all the Census and immigration records
that might be helpful to German researchers who don't want to pay for USA records.

Thank you again for your help !

Laura Kaatz
Mailto: lkaatz(at)sprintmail.com

Antworten

Zurück zu „"Entfernte Verwandte" / Überseeische Auswanderung“