SOMERFELD & JESIKIEWICZ family records.

Nach US-Amerika, Kanada sowie Südamerika ausgewanderte Personen und SOMMERFELD(T)-Familien.

Moderator:-sd-

Antworten
-sd-
Site Admin
SOMERFELD & JESIKIEWICZ family records.

Beitrag von -sd- » 21.11.2007, 19:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I resently spent four hours at my local Family History Center perusing a film holding our family records
and this is what I have found so far. I have only looked at part of the film because I am looking for certain
names and it takes time especially since the films are in latin (Roman Catholic Church) and some
are hard to see and / or translate. I have yet to look at the other film I want to see which will hold
even more records, I suspect. However, it is on backorder.

Keep in mind that I have not found the connection yet beetween the JESIKIEWICZ family other than Mary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Children of Melchior SOMERFELD and Elzbieta RYZ, all born in Szczodrojewo, Poland:
(= Szczodrojewo, Kreis Wreschen / Pow Wrzesnia.)

Jozefa SOMERFELD * 1863 in Szczodrojewo.
Walenty SOMERFELD * 1865 in Szczodrojewo. (My great-grandfather, also known as Valentine.)
Agnieszka SOMERFELD * 1867 in Szczodrojewo. (Godparents: Piotr SOMERFELD & Maryanna WOJCINSKA.)
Jakob SOMERFELD * 1869 in Szczodrojewo.
Anna & Petronella (twins) SOMERFELD * 1871 in Szczodrojewo.
Rosalia SOMERFELD * 1873 in Szczodrojewo.

Note: I suspect Piotr SOMERFELD is Melchior's brother but cannot confirm that yet.
In those times, brothers of fathers and sisters of mothers were usually the godparents
so this gives me something to go on when I look for SOMERFELD and JESIKIEWICZ
brothers and sisters in the records.

Children of Jozef JESIKIEWICZ & Maryanna SUWINSKA, all born in Mikuszewo, Poland:
( = Mikuszewo, Amtsgemeinde Miloslaw.)

Franciska JESIKIEWICZ * 1851.
Magdalena JESIKIEWICZ * 1853.
Barbara JESIKIEWICZ * 1855. (Godfather: Szymon JESIKIEWICZ.)
Michal JESIKIEWICZ * 1858. (Godfather: Jakob JESIKIEWICZ.)
Wojciech JESIKIEWICZ * 1861. (Godmother: Teofila JESIKIEWICZ.)

Children of Jozef JESIKIEWICZ & Malgorzata KOSCIELNIAK, all born in Mikuszewo, Poland:

Ewa JESIKIEWICZ * 1864. (No godparents & baptized same day. I suspect she died or was stillborn.)
No name JESIKIEWICZ * 1865.
(No godparents. I suspect the same as above but need to investigate this record further.)
Jan JESIKIEWICZ * 1866. (Godparents: Antoni KOSCIELNIAK Katarzyna ZIEMNIEWICZ.)
Maryanna JESIKIEWICZ * 1867. (Godparents: Szymon JESIKIEWICZ Maryanna KOSCIELNIAK.
This is my great-grandmother, also known as Mary.)
Joannes JESIKIEWICZ * 1870.
Apolonia JESIKIEWICZ * 1873. (Also known as Pearl WALCZAK.)

Note: I suspect that Jozef JESIKIEWICZ had two families but cannot confirm that yet.
It may be that this first wife died, he remarried and had more children. that was very common practice.

The children of Jakob JESIKIEWICZ and Jozefa SZALTZ, born in Chlebowo, Poland:
(Chlebowo = Klebow.)

Weronica JESIKIEWICZ * 1860. (Godparentes: Jozef JESIKIEWICZ and Teofila JESIKIEWICZ:)
Franciszka JESIKIEWICZ * 1862. (Godfather: Jozef JESEKIEWICZ.)
Adam JESIKIEWICZ * 1864.
(No godparents. Baptized same day. Died or stillbirth ?)
Vraxeda JESIKIEWICZ * 1868. (Godparents: Szymon JESIKIEWICZ & Balbina SZYMANSKA.)
Joanna JESIKIEWICZ * 1871. (Godparents: Simon JESIKIEWICZ Catharina WISNIEWSKA.)

The children of Szymon JESIKIEWICZ and Teofila PRZYSINDA, all born in Mikuszewo, Poland:

Francziska JESIKIEWICZ * 1862. (Godfather: Josef JESIKIEWICZ.)
Maryanna JESIKIEWICZ * 1863. (Godmother: Malgorzata KOSCIELNIAK.)
Maryanna JESIKIEWICZ * 1868. (Godparents: Marcin Agnes PRZYSINDA.)
Casimirus JESIKIEWICZ * 1873. (Godmother: Julianna PRZYSINDA.)

Note: You will notice two children with the same name. In earlier times when a child died,
the parents named the next-same-sex child the same name as the dead child. I suspect that's
what happened here but have yet to confirm it.

I have not viewed all the babtismal records yet and have yet to view marriage and death records.
so this is just the tip of the iceberg.

These are all baptismal records found on a film I rented through the Mormon Church. If you are going
to view them, they are film numbers 2127173 and 2127174. You can go to the familysearch.org website
and type in the film numbers and it will explain what is on the filmand what items you need to view
on the film. You would than need to go to your local Family History Center to rent them (if they are not
already on-site) and wait for them to come in from Salt Lake City, Utah.

Carolyn Bush

Carolyn Sommerfield Bush
Mailto: CBush89482(at)aol.com

Antworten

Zurück zu „"Entfernte Verwandte" / Überseeische Auswanderung“